Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! My son is wrapping a turkey with bacon and then slowly roasting it with apple wood chips in his Weber grill! Excuse me as I wipe the drool off my keyboard. I can’t wait to sit down at their table and enjoy a meal shared with my family and friends. I love Thanksgiving. I love that it causes me to pause and recollect the things I am grateful for. Here are a few things I would like to give thanks for:
- Yams! Please see http://caregiversrefuge.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/a-lesson-from-yams/
- Brenda: My wife, co-founder, better half, and best friend
- Every parent who has stayed at David’s Refuge: I am in awe of your dedication and love for your children
- David: Your story lives on and the impact of your life is still growing
- Social media: I have met new friends like 99 Ballons, Snappin’ Ministries, Jolene Philo, and 2014 Accessibility Summit
- Volunteers: You have licked, stamped, mailed, cooked, served, encouraged, and poured life into our parents
- Donors: Your sacrificial financial gifts are a reflection of your compassion
- Bed and Breakfasts and Inns who believe in David’s Refuge: You offer David’s Refuge the canvas that we then paint on to create the magic and beauty of living out our mission
- Foundations: Thank you Jim and Juli Boeheim Foundation and Key Bank Foundation for your sacrificial giving
- My two sons, Chris and Dan. They have found soul mates and best friends who love them and love God.
I could go on and on. I would love to hear what you are thankful for! If you have been a guest at David’s Refuge what are you thankful for as you think about your time as our guest? If you have supported us as a volunteer or donor, what causes you to stop and give thanks? If you are one of our faithful board members what are you thankful for as you think of David’s Refuge? If you have been following us on Twitter or Facebook what are you thankful for? Please take a few minutes and leave a comment. May God bless you as you gather tomorrow with friends and family to give thanks.