Did you know that the saying “Easy Peasy” comes from the phrase “Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy?” It was coined in the 1950s in a commercial for a Sqezy, a British detergent brand which was sold in a squeeze bottle and had a lemon scent. It simply means it is something easy to do. No effort. Simple. When your wife asks you to take out the garbage tonight just say, “No problem, Easy Peasy!” If your husband asks for a five minute back rub say, “Sure! Easy Peasy.” If your teenage son ask you if he can take six friends on a road trip to Vegas say, “NO!” (I hope you didn’t think I was going to say, “Sure, Easy Peasy!”)
Can I ask you to do something that I believe is Easy Peasy? It won’t cost you any money. It will take less than 30 seconds. You don’t have to pour ice cold water on your head. You can even do it in your pajamas. Would you please “Like” David’s Refuge on Facebook? All you have to do is simply click the Like Button on our Facebook page. In fact, click the following link:
It will take you directly to our page and you can Like us! Easy Peasy!
Some of you may be asking why I should Like David’s Refuge’s Facebook page. Here are a few reasons:
- It give us permission to develop a better relationship with you by sharing stories, upcoming events, and how we are accomplishing our mission.
- It is a great way for you to identify with us and our mission. Your friends and family will see you liked us and want to know more.
- It is an Easy Peasy way to help us communicate with others how David’s Refuge is truly making a difference.
To be honest, there are some selfish benefits of you liking our page. A 2011 Georgetown study showed that those who participate with nonprofits via social media are:
- Twice as likely to volunteer compared to people who don’t promote causes on social media
- Twice as likely to participate in fundraising events and walks
- Three times more likely to ask others to donate
As of today we have 1,828 Likes. If you haven’t liked us, would you consider doing it? If you have liked us, would you be bold and share this blog on your Facebook page and ask your friends to consider Liking us? Honestly, it’s Easy Peasy! Lets see if we can hit 2,000 Likes by the end of the week.