In an hour we are driving to pick up our son, Daniel at SUNY New Paltz for Thanksgiving. Chris and Brit will arrive late tomorrow night. I can’t wait to have my family home. We have been so busy the last few weeks I haven’t had time to really sit down to pause and think about Thanksgiving so in an attempt to prime the pump I listened to What a Wonderful World by Loius Armstong. If you have 2.25 minutes click on the link and listen to it.
As I stopped and “thought to myself” here are a few things I am thankful for this year:
- Even though I miss my son David his life and influence lives on in David’s Refuge
- The adventure and thrill of starting a non-profit. Every morning I feel energized and excited for the challenges we will face
- The families we have never met who will stay at the Refuge. We can’t wait to meet you!
- My favorite employee at David’s Refuge: Brenda Pfohl! 🙂 We are having so much fun “working” together
- Driveway markers! A friend is going to plow our driveway for free to support David’s Refuge. If you are looking for someone to plow your driveway call 315 410-1469 and tell them David’s Refuge sent you.
- Money 🙂 We are beginning to see financial support come in which will allow us to operate the Refuge
- We are so proud of our children. Daniel is loving college, Chris loves his job, and Brit is almost done with her Masters as a Nurse Practitioner. They have encouraged us and supported us as we have worked hard at stating David’s Refuge. Please keep my daughter-in-law, Brittney in your prayers. Her Aunt just passed away.
- Some of the great organizations we have connected up with who are serving our community: Make a Wish, YMCA, Camp Good Days and Special Times, CompassionNet and many others. They are serving families who need to be reminded they are not alone.
I hope you will take sometime this holiday season to pause and “think to yourself what a wonderful world” you live in.
Don’t ever forget, You are not alone! What you do matters! God loves you!
Thankful for each one of you,